The Assembly met today the 3rd July, 1974 at 9 A.M. The day was devoted for t transaction of both Govt. and Private Members' Business.
Starred Questions Nos.17, 18 and 19 and also Unstarred Questions Nos.148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 were replied to.
2. Shri D.D. Lapang, M.L.A. called the attention of the Minister incharge of Power under Rule 54 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business of the Meghalaya Legislative Assembly to a news item published in the Assam Tribune of June 1, 1974 under the caption " ASSAM STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD SERVES NOTICE TO S.H. E.L. ON ARREARS OUTSTANDING DUES". Shri S.D.D. Nichols Roy, Minister incharge, Power replied.
3. Shri Singjan Sangma, M.L.A. and Chairman, privileges Committee presented the 7th report of the Committee of the Privileges on a matter relating to a complaint of breach of privilege of Shri H. Hadem against the Editor, Printer and Publisher of 'Implanter' for publishing a news item under the caption ' In Jaintia Hills Politicians Prepare For Elections'.
4. Shri Maham Singh, M.L.A. and Chairman of the House Committee presented the second report of the House Committee.
5. Shri Singjan Sangma, M.L.A. and Chairman of the Privileges Committee moved that the Assembly agreed to the extension of time for submission of report of the Committee of Privileges till 31.12.74 on a privilege matter moved by Prof. M.N. Majaw, M.L.A, against the Editor, Publisher and Printer of a local English Weekly the ' Implanter' for publishing a news item under the caption' Will MISA be invoked In Meghalaya'. The House agreed to the extension of time as moved.
6. Shri Singjan Sangma, M.L.A. and Chairman of Privileges Committee moved that the Assembly agreed to the extension of time for submission of report of the Committee of Privileges till the 31st. December, 1974 relating to the complaint of breach of privileges and contempt of the House on 8.12.73 by Shri H. Hadem, M.L.A. against Shri U. Kharbuli, M.L.A. and Shri E.K. Mawlong, M.D.C. The House agreed to the extension of time as moved.
7. Shri Singjan Sangma moved that the Assembly agreed to the extension of time for submission of report of the Committee of Privileges till the 31.12.74 relating to the question of breach of privileges moved on 8.12.73 by Shri H. Hynniewta, M.L.A. against Prof. G. Swell, M.P. and Deputy Speaker, Lok Sabha. The House agreed to the extension of time as moved.
Motion No.7. Shri D.N. Joshi, M.L.A. continued his speech which he could not complete yesterday. The Hon. Chief Minister replied.
Sarvashri F.K. Mawlot, H.S. Lyngdoh, P.R. Kyndiah, O.L. Nongtdu and Prof. M.N. Majaw participated today on the above motion by way of seeking clarification.
Motion No.8 Prof. M.N. Majaw moved a motion running as follows:-
" This House do now consider steps to encourage growth of Cottage Industries in the State". Sarvashri W. Syiemiong, B.B. Shallam, H.S. Lyngdoh, H.E. Poshna, R. Lyngdoh, D.D. Lapang, F.K. Mawlot, S.P. Swer, Edward Kurbah and G. Mylliemngap participated in discussion on the above motion. Shri S.D.D. Nichols Roy Minister incharge Industries replied. With the approval of the House the Minster continued his reply upto 1.15 P.M.
The House was then adjourned sine die at 1.15 P.M. today the 3rd July, 1974.
|Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.|
Memo. No. AS(SB) 67/MLA/74/3270., Dated Shillong, the 5th July, 1974.