Wednesday, the 27th March, 1974.
The Assembly met at 9 A.M. The day was devoted to Govt. business.
Starred questions No.2 and Unstarred questions Nos.10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 were replied to.
The House agreed to skip over the discussion on Supplementary Demands and Supplementary Appropriation for 1973-74 and to start with the voting.
Vote on Supplementary Demands for Grants and Supplementary Appropriation for 1973-74 was taken into consideration.
On the demand No.1 there were 4 cut motions which stood in the names of Prof. M.N. Majaw, Shri F.K. Mawlot, Shri R. Lyngdoh, Shri W. Syiemiong and Shri H.S. Lyngdoh. On examining the nature of the motion moved, the Hon. Speaker decided to plub them together. Prof. M.N. Majaw accordingly moved his cut motion and initiates the discussion. The following Members also participated for and against the cut motion: (i) Shri F.K.Mawlot, M.L.A. (ii) Shri R.Lyngdoh, M.L.A. (iii) Shri W. Syiemiong (iv) Shri H.S. Lyngdoh, M.L.A (v) Shri K.M. Roy, M.L.A. (vi) Shri Jormanik Syiem, M.L.A. (vii) Shri H. Hadem, M.L.A. (viii) Shri Y. Fuller Lyngdoh, M.L.A. ( xi ) Shri G. Mylliemngap, M.L.A. (x) Shri S.P. Swer, M.L.A. (xi) Shri P.R.Kyndiah, M.L.A.
Shri B.B. Lyngdoh, Minister incharge Revenue replied to various points raised in the discussion.
Prof. M.N. Majaw, the mover of the cut motion was not satisfied with the reply given by the Minister incharge and expressed his unwillingness to withdraw his cut motion. The cut motion was then put to the vote before the House and it was lost by Voice Vote. Prof. Majaw was not satisfied with the Voice Vote and requested the Speaker to take a count of the Members in their respective places. The Speaker requested the Members to rise in their places and took a count. The vote was 32 against the motion and 8 for the motion.
There was another cut motion on the demand No.4 which stood in the name of Prof.M.N. Majaw but this was later on ruled out of order by the Hon. Speaker.
Another cut motion which was in the name of Prof. M.N. Majaw on the demand No.5 was withdrawn by the mover.
Cut motions in the names of Shri F.K. Mawlot and Shri H.S. Lyngdoh were also not moved.
Cut motion on the demand No.6 in the names of Prof. M.N. Majaw also was not moved by the mover.
The cut motion of Shri M.N. Majaw on the demand No.7 was not admitted and ruled out of order by the Hon. Speaker.
Cut motions in the name of Shri F.K. Mawlot and Shri R.Lyngdoh on the demand No.8 were not moved by the respective movers and cut motion in the name of Shri L. Bareh on the same. Demand No.8 stands autonomically withdrawn as no Member supported it.
Shri H.S. Lyngdoh, moved his cut motion under this head but later with-drew it. Besides these, there were about 11 other cut motion against the different demands but these were guillotined by the Hon. Speaker, since there was no time for considering them.
Accordingly the Supplementary Demands for Grants and Supplementary Appropriation 1973-74 were put to the vote and were passed by House, by a Voice Vote.
3. Shri B.B. Lyngdoh, Minister Finance introduced the Meghalaya Appropriation ( No.4 ) Bill, 1974.
The Bill was introduced, considered and passed by the House.
4. Shri B.B. Lyngdoh, Minister Finance moved that the Meghalaya Finance Bill, 1974 be taken into consideration. In this connection there was one amendment to Clause II amendment by Prof. M.N. Majaw. Prof. M.N. Majaw moved his amendment and initiated the discussion on this. Hon. Minister, Finance replied to the points raised by the Hon. Member, but his reply was not accepted by the mover of the amendment. The amendment proposed by Prof .M.N. Majaw was lost by a Voice Vote.
The Meghalaya Finance Bill, 1974 was accordingly considered and passed by the House.
6. Shri B.B. Lyngdoh, Minister, Finance moved that the Legislative Assembly of Meghalaya (Members' Salaries and Allowances ) ( Amendment ) Bill, 1974 be taken into consideration. At this stage the hon. Minister again came forward with one amendment to item. No.6 of Clause II of the Bill. The amendment was accepted by the House. The Legislative Assembly of Meghalaya ( Member's Salaries and Allowances ) ( Amendment ) Bill, 1974, was accordingly passed as amended.
The House was then adjourned at 1.25 P.M. to meet again on Saturday, the 30th March, 1974 at 9 A.M.
|Sd/- R.T. Rymbai,|
|Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.|
Copy for information to :-
1. All Members of the Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.
2. All Departments ( both Civil & P.W.D.).
|Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.|