The Assembly met today the 28th June, 1974 at 9 A.M.
Starred Question No.12 and Unstarred Questions Nos.96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 and 114 were replied to.
2. The Speaker announced the report of the Business Advisory Committee which met on the 25th June, 1974 and the Report was accordingly approved by the House.
3. Prof. M.N. Majaw and Shri P.N. Choudhory, M.L.As called the attention of the Minister incharge Supply under Rule 54 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business of the Assembly to news items published in the Shillong Herald of June 12, 1974 and Hindustan Standard of June, 11, 1974 under the caption (i) "SMUGGLING THROUGH AMRTC DETECTED" and (ii) " SMUGGLING FROM MEGHALAYA CONTINUES".
Shri S.D. Nichols Roy Minister incharge of Supply made a statement before the House.
4. Shri B.B. Lyngdoh, Minister, Finance presented the Supplementary Demand for Grants and Supplementary Appropriation for 1974-75 to regularise advances from Contingency Fund taken during 1973-74.
5. Shri B.B. Lyngdoh, Minister, Finance introduced the Meghalaya Passengers and Goods Taxation ( Amendment ) Bill, 1974.
6. Shri B.B. Lyngdoh, Minister, Finance introduced the Contingency Fund of the Meghalaya (Augmentation of Corpus) Bill, 1974.
7. Shri B.B. Lyngdoh, Minister, Excise introduced the Meghalaya Excise (Amendment) Bill, 1974.
Prof. M.N. Majaw, M.L.A. ( Member-in-charge) introduced the following Bills :-
i. The Meghalaya Land and Revenue Regulation ( Amendment ) Bill, 1974.
ii. The Meghalaya Transfer of Land (Regulation) (Amendment) Bill, 1974.
The House took further discussion on the following motion moved by Shri F.K. Mawlot on the 1st April, 1974-" This House does now discuss the need for immediate appointment of more Sub-Deputy Collectors in the State for quick and efficient disposal of pending land compensation cases".
Shri H.S. Lyngdoh, M.L.A. resumed his speech on this motion which he could not complete in the last session. The Minister incharge Revenue Shri B.B. Lyngdoh replied.
Prof. M.N. Majaw, M.L.A. move the following special motion under Rule 130/A of the Assembly Rules :-
" This House do now discuss the statement of Accounts (1972-73) of the Assam State Electricity Board as placed on the Table of the House by the Minister incharge on the 1st April, 1974 ".
Sarvashri D.D. Lapang, F.K. Mawlot, Reidson Momin and Prof. A. Warjri, M.L.As participated in the discussion on the above special motion. Prof. A. Warjri could not complete his speech and would continue his speech tomorrow the 29th June, 1974 when the House would meet again.
The House was then adjourned at 11.30 A.M. to meet again at 9 A.M. tomorrow, Saturday, the 29th June, 1974.
|Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.|
Memo. No. AS (SB) 67/MLA/74/3198., Dated Shillong, the 2nd July, 1974.