The Assembly met at 9 A.M. with the Hon' ble Speaker in the Chair.
(a) Starred Question No.1 was not taken up as the Questioner was found absent.
(b) Unstarred Questions No.3 & 4 with Supplementaries thereto were disposed of.
The discussion on the Governor's Address was resumed by Shri Maham Singh ( Cong ) Leader of the Opposition. He raised a number of points criticising the policies adopted by the Government in various social and economic fields. He also quoted extensively from the Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India and Appropriation Accounts of the Govt. of Meghalaya for 1972-73 to illustrate his points.
The following hon. Members also participated in the day's discussion and spoke on various matters affecting the State as a whole either for or against the Motion of Thanks:
1. Shri Dlosingh Lyngdoh (APHLC)
2. Shri Rowell Lyngdoh ( HSPDP)
3. Shri G. Mylliemngap (APHLC)
4. Shri Ira Marak (APHLC)
5. Shri D.N. Joshi ( Cong )
6. Shri Reidson Momin (APHLC)
7. Shri Raisen Mawsor (HSPDP)
8. Shri Percylina Marak (APHLC)
9. Shri Choronsingh Sangma (APHLC)
10.Shri Y. Fuller Lyngdoh Mawnai (HSPDP)
11. Shri Upstar Kharbuli ( Cong )
12. Shri S.N. Koch ( Cong )
13. Shri Samendra Sangma (APHLC)
14. Shri Francis K. Mawlot (HSPDP)
The House stood adjourned at 1 P.M. to meet again at 9 A.M. on Tuesday, the 11th March, 1975.
|Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.|
Memo. No. AS (SB)/MLA/75/10553, Dated Shillong, the 10th March/75.