MEGHALAYA LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY
WINTER SESSION, 2004
(THURSDAY, 16 DECEMBER, 2004)
The Assembly met at 10 a.m. in the Auditorium of the Arts and Culture Hall, Shillong with the Hon'ble Speaker in the Chair.
1. REPORT OF THE BUSINESS ADVISORY COMMITTEE UNDER RULE 230 :
Under Rule 230 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business, the Speaker, announced the Report of the Business Advisory Committee.
2. POINT OF ORDER :
No sooner had the Speaker announced the Report of the Business Advisory
Committee than Shri P. T. Sawkmie raised a point of order suggesting extension
of the House so as to accommodate important issues which concern the State and
the public at large.
The hon. Member from Mawlai cited an instance that after the downsizing of the Government, most of the members have been dropped from the Cabinet, and that only twelve of then have been given ministerial berths. Hence, the emphasized on the need to extend the time with the permission from the Chair to enable the members to discuss more on these issues and matters of public importance.
Shri R. G. Lyngdoh, Shri A. L. Hek and Shri P.M. Syiem, took part and endorsed the proposal that more days should be allocated for private members' business.
Clarifying the points raised by the hon. Member from Mawlai and other members who participated, the Speaker stated that the Calendar has been decided after due consideration of the business to be transacted and because of the ensuring Christmas. However, he left the question to the House and called upon the Minister incharge Parliamentary Affairs to move the Motion for time Allocation.
3. TIME ALLOCATION ORDER :
Shri J. D. Rymbai, Minister incharge Parliamentary Affairs moved.
" That this House agrees to the allocation of time by the Business Advisory Committee in regard to various items of Business for the current Session ".
The Speaker put the question before the House, the question is that this House agrees to the allocation of time in regard to various items of business as proposed by the Business Advisory Committee.
(The motion was carried and the allocation of time to various items of business for the current Session was approved).
4. PANEL OF CHAIRMAN UNDER RULE 9 (1) :
Under Rule 9 (1) of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business, the
Speaker, nominated the following Members to the Panel of Chairman for the
current Session :-
(1) Shri Monindra Rava, M.L.A.
(2) Shri Zenith M. Sangma, M.L.A.
(3) Shri A. L. Hek, M.L.A.
(4) Shri R. G. Lyngdoh, M.L.A.
5. THE CONTINGENCY FUND OF MEGHALAYA
(AMENDMENT) ORDINANCE 2004 (NO.1 OF
Dr. Donkupar Roy, Deputy Chief Minister incharge Finance laid the Contingency Fund of Meghalaya (2nd Amendment) Ordinance (No.1 of 2004).
6. THE CONTINGENCY FUND OF
MEGHALAYA (2nd AMENDMENT) ORDINANCE (NO.4 OF
Dr. Donkupar Roy, Deputy Chief Minister incharge Finance laid the Contingency Fund of Meghalaya (2nd Amendment) Ordinance (No.4 of 2004).
7. THE MEGHALAYA TAX ON LUXURIES (HOTEL
& LODGING HOUSES) (AMENDMENT)
ORDINANCE, 2004 :
Shri J. D. Rymbai, Minister incharge Excise, laid the Meghalaya Tax on Luxuries (Hotel & Lodging Houses) (Amendment) Ordinance, 2004.
8. THE MEGHALAYA STATE COMMISSION FOR WOMEN ORDINANCE, 2004 :
Shri Martle N. Mukhim Minister incharge Social Welfare, laid the Meghalaya State Commission for Women Ordinance, 2004.
9. NOTIFICATION DATED 7.10.2004 :
Shri Sayeedulah Nongrum, Minister incharge Labour laid the Notification dated 7.10.2004.
10. THE ANNUAL REPORT AND ACCOUNT OF THE MEGHALAYA STATE WAREHOUSING CORPORATION, 2002-2003 :
Shri Paul Lyngdoh, Minister incharge Co-operation laid the Annual Report and Account of Meghalaya State Warehousing Corporation, 2002-2003.
11. THE MEGHALAYA STATE LEGAL SERVICES AUTHORITY (AMENDMENT) RULES, 2004
Dr. Donkupar Roy, Deputy Chief Minister incharge Law laid the Meghalaya State Legal Services Authority (Amendment) Rules, 2004.
12. THE MEGHALAYA SHOPS AND ESTABLISHMENT RULES, 2004
Shri Sayeedulah Nongrum, Minister incharge Labour, laid the Meghalaya Shops and Establishment Rules, 2004.
13. THE MEGHALAYA JUVENILE JUSTICE (CARE AND PROTECTION) RULES, 2004 :
Shri M. N. Mukhim, Minister incharge Social Welfare, laid the Meghalaya Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection) Rules, 2004.
14. THE MEGHALAYA STATE LEGAL SERVICES
AUTHORITY (AMENDMENT) REGULATION,
Dr. Donkupar Roy, Deputy Chief Minister incharge Law, laid the Meghalaya State Legal Services Authority (Amendment) Regulation, 2004.
15. THE AMENDMENT OF ANNEXURE - I OF
SCHEDULE - I OF THE Me.S.E.B. SERVICES
REGULATION, 1996 :
Dr. Donkupar Roy, Deputy Chief Minister incharge Power, laid the Amendment of Annexure -I of Schedule-I of the Me.S.E.B. Services Regulation, 1996.
16. THE AMENDMENT OF REGULATION 4(E) AND
ANNEXURE-VI OF SCHEDULE-I OF THE
Me.S.E.B. SERVICES REGULATION, 1996 :
Dr. Donkupar Roy Chief Minister incharge Power, laid the Amendment of Regulation 4(E) and Annexure VI of Schedule-I of the Me.S.E.B. Services Regulation, 1996.
17. 28th REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON PUBLIC ACCOUNTS (2003-2004) :
Shri M. Rava, Chairman, Public Accounts Committee, presented the 28th Report of the Committee.
18. OBITUARY REFERENCES :
Shri D. D. Lapang, Leader of the House initiated the obituary References to the sad and ultimately demise of the following prominent personalities and Public leaders:-
1. (Late) Shri Cyprian R. Sangma, former Minister C &
2. (Late) Shri Heltone N. Marak, former Minister of State Printing and Stationery.
3. (Late) Shri Ardhendhu Chaudhuri, former Member, Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.
4. (Late) Shri Ira R. Marak, former Deputy Speaker, Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.
5. (Late) Shri Rikseng A. Sangma, former Chairman, Garo Hills Autonomous District Council.
6. (Late) Shri Pleander G. Momin, former Member, Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.
7 (Late) Shri Amarsingh Chaudhury, former Leader of opposition, Gujarat Assembly.
8. (Late) Shri Ramchandra Veerappa, former Veteran Parliamentarian and freedom fighter.
Other Members who mourned the death of the above name personalities included :-
1. Dr. Donkupar Roy , Deputy Chief Minister.
2. Shri A. L. Hek.
3. Shri P. T. Sawkmie.
4. Shri J. D. Rymbai, Minister incharge Parliamentary Affairs.
5. Shri Lambor Malngiang.
6. Dr. F. A. Khonglam.
7. Shri Brening A. Sangma.
8. Shri P. M. Syiem.
9. Shri Irin Lyngdoh.
10. Shri D. P. Iangjuh.
11. Shri R. L.. Tariang.
12. Shri Draison Kharshiing.
13. Shri B. B. Nongsiej.
14. Shri M. N. Mukhim, Minister incharge Social Welfare.
15. Shri H. D. R. Lyngdoh, Minister incharge G.A.D. etc.
16. Shri M. Rava.
17 Shri Boldness Lyngdoh Nongrum.
18. Smti. J. Phanbuh.
19. Shri Prestone Tynsong.
20. Shri M. M. Danggo, Hon'ble Speaker, Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.
( The House observed two minutes silence as a mark of respect to the departed souls).
9. ADJOURNMENT :
The House rose at 12.35 p.m. and stood adjourned till 10 a. m. on Friday the 17the December, 2004.
|Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.|