MEGHALAYA LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY
BUDGET SESSION, 2005
BULLETIN NO 1
(FRIDAY, THE 11th MARCH, 2005)
The House met at 10 a.m. in the Auditorium of the Arts and Culture Complex, Rilbong, Shillong with the Hon'ble Speaker in the Chair. The day was devoted for the transaction of the Government Business.
1. ADDRESS BY THE GOVERNOR UNDER ARTICLE 176 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF INDIA:
The Governor was ushered with due ceremony. He began his address to the House at 10.05 a.m. and concluded at 10.45 a.m.
The House stood adjourned to meet again at 11.30 a.m.
After adjournment the House reassembled at 11.30 a.m. to transact the remaining business :-
2. MOTION OF THANKS TO THE GOVERNOR'S ADDRESS :
Shri R.G. Lyngdoh, moved the following motion :
" The members of the Meghalaya Legislative Assembly assembled in this Session are deeply grateful to his Excellency, the Governor of Meghalaya for the address which he has been pleased to deliver to this House today, the 11th March, 2005".
The Motion of thanks was seconded by Shri M.Suchiang.
3. REPORT OF THE BUSINESS ADVISORY COMMITTEE :
In pursuance of Rule 230 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the Meghalaya Legislative Assembly, the Speaker announced the report of the Business Advisory Committee.
4. TIME ALLOCATION ORDER :
Shri J.D.Rymbai, Minister incharge Parliamentary Affairs, moved:
"That this House agree to the allocation of time proposed by the Business Advisory Committee in regard to the various items of business for the current Session".
(The motion was adopted and the Calendar approved).
5. PANEL OF CHAIRMEN:
In pursuance of Rule 9 (1) of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the Meghalaya Legislative Assembly, the Speaker nominated the following members to the panel of Chairman for the current Session.
1. Shri Monindra Rava, M.L.A.
2. Shri Tonsing N. Marak, M.L.A.
3. Shri A.L.Hek, M.L.A.
4. Shri P.M.Syiem, M.L.A.
6. THE PARLIAMENT SECRETARIES (APPOINTMENT, SALARIES & ALLOWANCES AND MISCELLANEOUS PROVISION) ORDINANCE, 2005.
Shri J.D.Rymbai, Minister, Parliamentary Affairs laid the Parliamentary Secretaries (Appointment, Salaries and Allowances and Miscellaneous Provision) Ordinance, 2005.
7. THE MEGHALAYA STATE COMMISSION FOR WOMEN ORDINANCE, 2005:
Shri Martle N. Mukhim, Minister, Social Welfare laid the Meghalaya Sate Commission for Women Ordinance, 2005.
8. THE ANNUAL REPORT OF THE MEGHALAYA COMMERCIAL CROPS DEVELOPMENT BOARD FOR THE YEAR, 2002 - 2003 :
Shri Martle N. Mukhim, Minister, Soil Conservation laid the Annual Report of the Meghalaya Crops Development Board for the year, 2002 - 2003.
9. REPORT OF THE MEGHALAYA GOVERNMENT CONSTRUCTION COORPORATION LIMITED FOR THE YEAR 2001 -2002 :
Shri Brening A. Sangma, Minister, Public Works laid the Report of the Meghalaya Government Construction Corporation Ltd. for the year 2001-2002.
10. THE MEGHALAYA PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES (EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, PROTECTION OF RIGHTS AND FULL PARTICIPATION) RULE, 1995 :
Shri Martle N. Mukhim, Minister, Social Welfare laid the Meghalaya Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Rule 1995.
11. ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE CHAIR:
The Hon'ble Speaker made an informal announcement to the House that the meeting of the High Power Committee scheduled to meet today has been postponed and that the said meeting is scheduled to be held on the 16th of this month ( Wednesday) as soon as the House rises.
12. OBITUARY REFERENCE:
Shri D.D.LApang, Leader of the House, initiated the obituary reference to the demise of the following prominent national leaders and public figures :-
Shri Narasimha Rao, former Prime Minister of India;
2. Late Shri Nripen Chakravorty, former Chief Minister of Tripura;
3. LAte Shri Vinod Chaudra Pande, former Arunachal Pradesh Governor.
Other participatipants include (1) Shri P.T. Sawkmie (2) Shri Sing Mulieh (3) Shri Manas Chaudhuri (4) Shri A.L.Hek (5) Shri M. I. Sarkar and (6) Shri M. Rava.
Two minutes Silence was observed as a mark of respect to the departed souls.
13. ADJOURNMENT :
The House rose at 12.10 p.m. and stood adjourned till 10 a.m. Monday, the 14th march, 2005.
Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.
Memo. No. Ed. 3/MLA/2005/BS/1., Dated Shillong, the 11th March, 2005.
Copy forwarded to :-
1. All Members, Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.
2. Library, Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.
Officer - on - Special Duty,
Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.